Tuesday, April 1, 2014

And so the journey begins at last

Well as the spring season seems to be taking it's time arriving weather wise we've been  feeling that old anticipation building. Kids have settled into the motorhome lifestyle reasonably easily. In fact was just a few nights ago I asked if they were ready to go back into the house and received some 'are you insane' looks from their young faces. I guess the lack of television and xbox is not as bad as they had once envisioned.

I received an email today from a campground in a small town here in Missouri on Wappapello lake from the US Army Corps of Engineers. After a little research on the campground they are offering work at we have decided to take the plunge and head out early next month (May). This will potentially cause the children to miss a couple weeks of school, but, the education they are about to embark upon will be interesting to say the least. We will be in charge of maintaining a walking trail and a day use area complete with rest rooms, shower house, boat ramp, and a number of picnick and special events pavilions it appears from the description. 15 hours a week for hookup site, on a lake (yes I love lake fishing), and a maintenance position in the great outdoors! What more could one ask for!

We decided for our first position as a family to at least stay fairly close to an area we know. We have several family friends within 40 miles of this campground and little town which makes it an even more ideal location I believe. Add to that we will be arriving mere weeks before their black powder redezvous! WOW that is going to be a blast!

Now Im just hoping I can have my ducks in a row in time. Going to be a race getting the motorhome licensed when my last check gets here for sure. Like a race of a few days to a week to be ready and gone!

Hopefully I can find some good photos of the area to post for my next installment. I've not had much material to work with photographically these past few weeks as I would have liked. It appears the flowers are beginning to poke their foliage through now so should be quite soon.

Till next time. Happy travels wherever you may be on your journeys.


No comments:

Post a Comment