Friday, April 18, 2014

Ahh the sounds of spring!

As I lay here tonight, while the children sleep peacefully, I cannot help but wonder how others life their lives closed away from nature in houses made to keep everything that is natural at bay.

The motor home gently rocks with a significant wind blowing up here on the hilltop, I hear the long missed peep frogs, and even a whippoorwill. All sounds and sensations I have missed these last few years! Sounds and sensations that are simply NOT a part of a bricks and sticks life. The simplicity of a life where the entire house is cleaned top to bottom in the matter of a few minutes as a part of the 'morning chores'. The lingering faint smells of the wood fire, the tinge of rain on the wind. How could anyone not crave these natural rhythms over the hustle and bustle of what most consider to be a 'normal life?

Have I mentioned yet that I am completely off of my 100 mg trazodone which was required to sleep inside the house? Ahhh....liberating.

As usual I am saddened by those who simply cannot understand the freedom, and joy, that comes from 'less'. Just a short time ago my brother in law let slip his true opinion of our lifestyle ! At first this angered me. Then I realized that during other conversations he had mentioned that he never camped, had never been around, or had a motor home, and many other tidbits over the past year. The anger quickly subsided and turned into what I would describe as pity for him. He is getting on in years (aren't we all), has payments on literally everything which are unlikely to be paid off during the remainder of his working time (all mere assumptions). It honestly makes me wish there were a way to 'mind meld' and share the peace, security, and joy which would impart the understanding they simply cannot see.

One more week here if all goes as planned and we make the voyage to Greenville Mo. to fulfill our volunteer position there with the Army Corps of Engineers. I do so like their small, and often rather primitive parks in comparison to many of the more commercialized places we could stay or work at. I am looking forward to being only a mile from a small town, yet yards from the river, and yet only 20(ish) miles from a fairly metro area for occasional trips as well!

Hopefully my next post will have us leaving my sisters property, which even through the irritation inherent with family at times, I am extremely grateful for having been allowed to stay at. IF all goes as planned there will be a pitstop in Cuba missouri so the children can participate in their uncles wedding before either heading back here to check mail (am waiting on an important document), or on to Greenville directly to there.

Till next time, Joy and blessings to all, May you find the happiness your soul desires!


No comments:

Post a Comment