Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Anxiety in full swing

Anxiety is in full swing fueled by the anticipation of something going wrong with our deal on the RV. It seems the school is taking forever to mail out the stipend checks. I know full well that this is only in my mind as it has only been 4 business days since the records shows their receipt of the funds and they legally have 10.

I have updated the owner on the current progress of the money and made a first small electronic deposit to the Bank to insure that I know the procedures and how much time to expect before the money I deposit will be available for use. My first attempt failed since the camera phone does not take adequate quality photographs. That email nearly sent me into a full blown panic. I was however able to calm myself and figure out that I could use my Cannon camera to photograph the check and upload it from my laptop instead. I accomplished the new upload at 1am last night and am still anxiously awaiting the verification email that my deposit has been completed.


In the meantime for better or worse I have been fueling the anxiety reading blogs created by a multitude of others who live in their RV's full time. As the potential to return to the lifestyle drags on hour by hour Im not sure Im doing myself any good by doing so.

This is the culmination of a 'want' to return to the lifestyle that I know and understand which has been being considered for a number of years now. I guess it is then understandable that things would be even more exciting since that first step has actually been taken per my agreement with the owner. My own issues however make the anticipation horrible as I can seem to see a thousand ways which 'something' will happen to prevent the successful outcome.

On a lighter and better note the campground just a mile from us should begin hiring in March or April. I have very high hopes to be able to trade some work time there for their low $200 a month fee for a full hookup site. This will allow us to identify any problems over the summer with either the vehicle or ourselves while retaining the relative safety of being close to a 'bricks and sticks' place on my sisters property. As I see it my plan is to offer the first 10 hours of each workweek in trade for the campsite. Simple math says that at a mere minimum wage it only takes  6.6666 hours to pay for it. My hope is offering a few extra will show added value for them to take me up on the offer. Another motive is to begin my resume again prior to the fall and applying for other positions as this season begins to wind down.

High hopes abound and the children are as anxious as I at this time. However, only time will tell if their anticipation continues after experiencing the reality full time. Also of some concern is their ability to self police their actions while I work. Another test for the small campground job which will allow me easy supervision while working. At least at the experience will identify any further adjustments which we need to consider and make before plunging head first.

 The remaining concern is how our lovely Dixie will handle the transition. She is an inside dog for nearly a year now. However, on a couple trips around Christmas it was quite apparent that she did not enjoy a moving vehicle at all. While the RV will definitely only actually move a few times a year, it is still a concern as it was obviously stressful for her. Hope is that with time and experience she will enjoy it, or at the very least take it in stride.


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your new blog. And I think your kids are getting an experiece of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete